Whether you’re in it for the sport, for the half-time show, the commercials, or the food and aah.ah.ah. alcohol, Super Bowl Sunday embodies something, for every American to enjoy.
Super Bowl Sunday also is the first time in the new year when your resolution to lead a more healthy lifestyle will be challenged as you are surrounded by chips, dip, and cheesy ery-thang. It’s in your best interest to count February 5th as a rest/free day on your diet calendar.
Let the menu planning begin!
This week Food & The City will deliver appetizer recipes every day! We’ve searched high and low for the most interesting, and delicious appetizer recipes that are sure to enhance all of your grunting, high-fiving, and chest bumping Super Bowl Sunday action!
This first recipe is the epitome of chessy-salty as it marries two snack classics, pretzels and cheese, then they play in God’s gift to cooking, vegetable oil…. I present to you…
Pretzel Crusted Fried Cheese With Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan or asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 teaspoons Gold Medal unbleached all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces thin pretzel sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Then Do This:
Using a slotted spoon, lower cheese balls, about 3-4 at a time, into the hot oil and fry until golden, about 30 to 45 seconds. Remove from oil with slotted spoon and place on cooling rack. Repeat with remaining cheese balls and place cooling rack with baking sheet in oven, baking cheese balls for about 5 minutes.