- 2 tomatillos, diced
- 4 ounces mild green chilies, drained and diced
- 1 green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
For Tomato Salsa
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced Spanish onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 small jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
For Southwestern Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup corn masa harina flour ( corn flour)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 avocados, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Prepare salsa verde by combining all prepared ingredients. Chill.
- Prepare tomato salsa by combining all prepared ingredients. Chill.
- Prepare southwestern sauce by combining all ingredients. Chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare the tamale cakes by chopping 1 cup of the frozen corn in a food processor until it’s coarsely pureed. Combine pureed corn with softened butter, sugar, and salt. Blend well.
- Add masa and flour and blend well. Mix in the remaining 1/2 cup of frozen corn kernels by hand.
- Measure 1/2 cup portions of the mixture and form it into 3″ wide patties with your hands. Arrange the patties on a baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cakes are browned on the bottom.
- Carefully flip all cakes with a spatula and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until other side is browned.
- Assembly: Place all three cakes on a warmed serving platter. Dollop each with one of the three sauces. Garnish with diced avocado, cilantro and a dollop of sour cream.