This time I was thinking about a guacamole chicken club sandwich, I mean you really cannot go wrong adding cool and creamy guacamole to a chicken club sandwich! Although this sandwich would have been just fine with simply seasoned and grilled chicken, I could not resist the opportunity to add more flavour by marinating the chicken! It is always fun cooking with alcohol and this tequila and lime marinade sure does pack in the flavour! Another way to add flavour is to use a flavoured mayonnaise and the roasted jalapeno mayo that I had recently made fit the bill perfectly.
As expected these tequila lime grilled chicken club sandwiches with guacamole and roasted jalapeno mayo are a bit messy but oh so good! Don’t worry about the guacamole squirting out the sides or about the roasted jalapeno mayo dribbling down your chin, just sit back and savour every delectable bite of this chicken club sandwich that is anything but boring!
Chicken club sandwiches are a staple on a lot of restaurant menus and it is a little surprising as to how often they are done so poorly. After a particularly lack-luster chicken club sandwich at a restaurant a few months ago I have been on kind of a mini quest to create some tasty new chicken club sandwiches. I see the base chicken club sandwich as containing grilled chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo and from there you can add whatever you want and the sky is the limit!
Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich with Guacamole and Roasted Jalapeno Mayo
A tequila and lime marinated grilled chicken club sandwich with bacon and roasted jalapeno mayonnaise.
Servings: makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 small chicken breast fillets, boneless and skinless
- 4 buns
- 1/4 cup roasted jalapeno mayo (or mayo)
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup queso fresco (or feta), crumbled
- Puree the tequila, lime juice, oil, lime zest, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Place both the chicken and the marinade in a freezer bag and marinate over night.
- Heat he grill to medium-high, brush it with oil and grill the chicken until cooked, about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Assemble the sandwich and enjoy!